In Milano, a Young Climathon and Climathon are happening at the same venue and partly overlapping. While the Young Climathon teams pitch their ideas in front of the jury, the Kick-Off of the Climathon for the less junior innovators starts. Very exciting.
Soft mobility tools and services to enhance safety and livability
- Which innovative solutions could boost soft mobility, leading to an efficient environmental transition and to a safer place to live in?
- What is soft mobility? It is a sustainable and climate-friendly approach, that includes any non-motorised transport, and use only the “human energy”. In other terms, it is a “zero impact” mobility trying to be alternative to the car’s use.
The challenge goal is therefore to identify new mobility services, tools and actions to increase safety while ensuring a walkable city for all.
Students will plan their idea around the following items:
- Tools for safety, especially targeting “weak users” (such as pedestrians, cyclists, etc.) referring to active mobility
- Development of innovative mobility services to ensure the connections with suburban areas where the demand is weak; and meet specific needs for after-school activities of children and young people (sport, leisure, etc.)
- Walkable city as a vision for the future
8.30 – Official Welcome
8.45 – Coaches present the objectives of the day
9.15 – Group work
13.00 – Lunch
13.45 – Finalisation of proposals
14.30 – Presentations to the jury
16.00 – Jury Evaluation
16.30 – Award ceremony
16.45 – Closing
For visiting the Young Climathon or Climathon please contact: email@example.com